I'm working on a TPS-L2 that plays tapes, but no sound reaches the output. This issue was there before and after I recapped the main board. My voltage checks in Play mode show that I have the correct 2.8V B+ at pins 1 of both CX184 ICs (IC 102 and IC 202), however, pin 8 of IC 102 is 0.00V and pin 8 of IC 202 is 0.387V, rather than the expected 2.8V. The only conclusion I can come to is that either one or both CX184 ICs are shorted or one or both CX182 are and are pulling down the B+ from the amp ICs. To test the possibility that the preamp ICs could be the problem, I disconnected R112 and R212 to see if that made any difference, but no change. So I'm leaning toward a CX184 being the problem, perhaps having been damaged by someone using the incorrect polarity plug with the AC/DC power supply. Any other thoughts?