Hi all, I'm restoring a Sony WM-GX822 and I'm looking for its original remote, the RM-WM71GL (the one with the BAND and PRESET +/- buttons for the radio). I can't find one anywhere. I'm based in Dubai and can pay for international shipping, so a seller anywhere is fine. If you have a spare GL, or know where one might turn up, I'd be very grateful. I'd also consider a WM-FX5 or WM-GX822 sold for parts if it comes with the remote. Second question, for anyone who knows: does the RM-WM71RL (REPEAT and A-B buttons, no BAND/PRESET) work with the GX822? I'm guessing basic tape controls would work and radio control wouldn't, but I haven't been able to confirm that. If anyone has tested it, or can compare the resistor ladders in the service manuals, I'd love to hear what you found. Thanks! (Images attached at the RL and GL respectively)
A quick search online suggest that your best bet might be Yahoo Japan, or probably Buyee. None listed there at the moment, but almost every picture of one is from older ones being sold there! Interestingly the search also came up with a page from this site that I am sure you will find useful. https://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/the-big-sony-walkman-remote-list.10930/