After some research it seems to be a 1UH choke coil. What would the effect be of bypassing it?
I've been working on a Aiwa HS-J10. One problem is intermittent audio noise and cutout. Investigation led to a small black squarish component next...
I looked through the service manual for some Aiwas, and they don't even list wires in the parts list, or specify thickness. But color is specified.
I'm working on an Aiwa HS-J10. It originally came with a rechargable battery that clipped onto the bottom of it. Or you could use a holder for 2...
Or two collectors waiting for a blue one.
An Aiwa HS-J9 just sold on Buyee for about $1150 USD. On the plus side it was a beautiful and rare blue color, in "mint" condition and came with a...
Something worth checking is all the contacts on both ends of the ribbon cable between the main board and the cassette bay lid.
Fair to say Sony has been able to reinvent itself or change course to remain relevant and viable. I wonder if that article will cause an uptick...
There's an article on the CNN website today about the history of Sony, including a couple of photos of Walkmen....
Other than the earphone jack itself, I'm at a loss. Maybe the circuit diagrams in the service manual could help. The fact one channel works would...
Use a toothpick to press on the cables connections and see what that does. Also, the soldering on the adjacent SW 1 looks dodgy. I have one where...
Separate names with a comma.