Yeah, I should take some videos/photos of the work I've done. I'm not great at documenting these type of repairs because I usually only have time...
Hi Everyone, First off, I can't believe it's been about 6 months since I posted here. A lot has happened since then.... not in this hobby though....
Hello and welcome to the forum, Foxy! The issue is relatively easy to fix, there is a potentiometer inside of the unit that can be turned similar...
Very interesting! I also have some CDs for my unit, but I left out that from my analysis and focused on the audio stuff. Yeah, Caddies are...
Hello Stereo2Go, I thought I would share another jewel from my collection. This was technically considered portable and 'compact' back in its...
Ahh, you have one of THOSE capstan setups, aye? I've heard horror stories about these, but my SXs' were never 'fortunate' enough to have this....
Welp, I think we have officially reached the end of my troubleshooting list then... I'll keep thinking though. :banghead: It's very frustrating...
Two things I experienced on my SX-55 you can do just to rule them out: [ATTACH] The red circle. Check to make sure that the motor's pins haven't...
Good question! No alignment is necessary, the powerful magnet should self align the disc on top of the motor coil. You just have to be careful...
Wow, this collection is awesome! I'll throughly enjoy looking through these for sure. I have used Archive.org to download SEGA CD game images, but...
Yes, when the solenoid fails, the unit will not work at all, but my solenoid in both of my SXs were weak. The SX-52's solenoid was so weak it...
Yes, I'm very familiar with that lid design. My SX-55 had the lid that splits in two. It has a very good point. It allows the lid to shrink so you...
You're certainly right about the rarely of 1st gen CD systems. In fact, CD systems were not very popular anywhere except Japan, since CD's didn't...
Hello Stereo2Go users, I love collecting Walkman/Discman stuff, but i'm also a rather serious game collector, so I'd like to share my favorite...
There are three reasons for this: 1. The new belts are two thin to sustain the force it takes to drive the tape. This can be easily spotted by...
OK, so what did I learn from the whole cheap junk Walkman crusade number 1? Analysis: 1. Don't buy a Panasonic RQ-SX. They have cracked gears,...
Ok, So I've officially determined that the Panasonic RQ-SX series is NOTHING but junk. Buy why? This: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This is the main...
Yeah, Buyee’s shipping rates will go through the roof if the item is big or heavy. I got burned one time on a full sized turntable. Techmoan...
Yes, I did use Buyee to do the transaction. You never really know what the postage fees are until the item has made it to the Buyee warehouse. It...
Hi Walkman Collectors, While cruising Yahoo Auctions Japan I ran across this WM-EX77 with all the accessories for $30. I selected 2 day DHL...
Separate names with a comma.