WOW! 16v off load? Mine's 11v off load. That's insane to me. Great, just make sure the one you purchased has polarities that are reversible. Some...
I'm not sure about the plug size, I have one, and it measures 11v right out of the plug, so it's not original spec either. I'd say replace it, you...
I would say your spindle motor is fine. Hissing is fine, It’s most likely the tracking circuit locking in the correct speed and regulation of...
Yeah, It sounds like the classic motor problem to me. You could try placing the player on it's side and see if it still skips, not sure if that's...
Hmm, to increase resistance on the pot, turn it clockwise. That much I know, but as far as adjusting the Discman's laser pot, I don't remember....
Yeah, I've had to re-adjust that stuff too. That's always fun... I really hate it when you have to adjust the tracking/focus gain even after...
I'm not sure if you would call it a 'synth', but my favorite 'board in my collection is a Korg Krome 88. Its a workstation with mostly PCM...
Welp, all of mine so far (except for two) uses the KSS-162A (220A's older variant) and with that new spindle motor, it will play badly scratched...
Haha, I get it. You either love it or hate it. You know, I kinda like the 300-CH better than the 300-CA motor. I know you have to solder your own...
Ok, GREAT NEWS! I've been searching.... (no, not Chicago), through my parts bin. I found a great Mabuchi 300 motor I had saved. I installed it in...
OK, I have removed the old motor and successfully removed the platter as well. Yes, I do have a template for the platter so I will know how far to...
Wow, thanks a lot! That looks to be very easy to do. I just ordered a few for my d-9's. They work great, but only if you can get the spindle motor...
@Jorge I'm having a spindle motor issue with my latest D-9. Can you tell me where to find a replacement? Mine is very noisy and only works when...
Yes, check this eBay listing:...
@Jorge Yes, I have done PS1’s before. I’ve replaced lasers and caps, and I do believe they sound very good for a cheap plastic gaming system. I...
Separate names with a comma.