In the case of the WM-D3, that "tape path alignment" screw is for something else, specifically for adjusting the height of the erase head....
It's unfortunate there are still a lot of people that don't know or don't realise the DC in jack on this device is center negative, despite it's...
@Cassette2go Yes I do work on walkmans for other people, as @Emiel has already mentioned. Hope you will be able to finish the boombox repair...
Seen the video, it's exactly what I suspected. This is your problem, glad you have found it ! This is what needs to be solved and then I would...
Don't think the tapes are the problem given what you have stated, it just seems unlikely that 14 out of 15 are bad. About left channels...
Created this thread as I wanted to know opinions about new replacements of the BP-2EX battery which was used in a lot of SONY Discmans. Some time...
Ok, so let me know if I understood correctly: 1. there is one specific tape that plays bananced in FWD but ONLY when side B is upwards; 2. all...
No, I don't think it's the preamp either, listed that just because it's part of the signal chain. You have to investigate the tape path more in...
Indeed the roller seems mostly parallel to the capstan, there is a very slight misalignment, but it's small enough that I won't bother to adjust...
How have you established that ? Have you removed the door ? It's impossible to say without removing the door first. However I advice to be...
Just realised I misread your previous post and you stated the regulator was outputting 8.64V. Worth trying to replace the regulator anyway, I...
There is a difference because of the stereo potentiometer which adds a little bit of imbalance, but as we can see it's pretty low at just below...
You are reffering to IC802 ? That's a 5V voltage regulator, not a transistor. The fact you have 9.13V at the DC in jack but only 8.63V at the...
What I recommend doing before adjusting is take a measurement of the resistance between the cursor of the trimpot and one end. This way it can be...
Please post some pictures with inside of the unit, that way we may be able to help you more.
Hello and welcome to the forum ! The problem you have is most likely related to a tape curling at the pinch roller problem. Due to some...
Have to say I'm puzzled by the situation. The measurements look absolutely perfect, confirmed by the recorded files. Only logical conclusion I can...
For the fast forwarding issue, the problem may be a cracked gear on the mechanism. However I will need to actually see the unit to confirm this....
The voltages of the DC-DC converter are labeled on the PCB silkscreen as far as I remember, at least in some versions. For a clear reference, go...
I think it's a good idea to make recordings of the tape itself in both units, curious of the result. Also, try to see if setting the EQ to 120us...
Separate names with a comma.