The WM-10 doesn't have any similarity with WM-2 or TPS-L2 indeed. The TPS-L2 is based on TCM-600, while later units (WM-3, D6, D6C) are based on...
I don't think that is the case because we can see a HUGE difference in wow&flutter between FWD and REV. From experience, belts from FYA are...
Ok, this is a good sign. That's how it should be. About the thickness of the belt, to me it looks to be the typical FixYourAudio thickness. Can't...
The belt does look to be loose, so can only advice to replace it with either a smaller one or a DeckTech one. As for WFGUI screenshot, yes...
This is exactly what I experienced with the mentioned TC-D5M, hence why didn't continue further as I was afraid of damaging the assembly. The...
I would do the bias adjustment as well just to know it's done, however a bias "imbalance" would cause a difference in frequency response (like one...
The latch part is not listed in the service manual because it's part of the door (no.14 on the diagram) and was sold only as an assembly. Notice...
I see, it's exactly the same as the TC-D5M. Wonder why SONY did it like this, really don't like this design at all... At this point yes I think...
First potential solution is to measure the inner diameter of the belt (this is the typical measurement, not the circumference) and order the next...
I suggest trying to remove the reel instead as that might be the way to go, not removing the retainer. Removing the reel will get you access to...
One thing I can tell you for sure: you're unlikely to be able to remove that brass ring without damaging the entire assembly, it's a very tight...
Hello and welcome to the forum, @CoreyLee ! It would be helpful if you uploaded a picture and mark exactly the part you want to remove, because...
Typically, what I've seen is the plastic hub of this idler gets a bit eccentric, but after a good cleaning of all surfaces and some running they...
As a reference, the tape speed with PLL connected is typically between 2993Hz and 2997Hz. If it's less than 2990Hz that's a concern. This last...
I suggest looking at the datasheet of BA3513 I provided (specifically the schematic at page 5) and see if that resistor is part of the head...
Please share some pictures with the PCB, as we might be able to help you without the service manual. If the unit uses off-the-shelf ICs (which the...
Toshiba KT-AS1/KT-AS2/KT-VS1/KT-RS1/RT-VS3/Kenwood CP-10 These 2 walkmans are almost identical, main difference being the KT-AS2 has only 1...
That's your problem right there. W&F is way too high compared to what it should be and you have a mechanical problem. W&F with PLL disconnected...
AIWA HS-JX70/HS-RX70/HS-JX707/HS-JX707D/HS-JX3000/HS-JX3000D/HS-JX909/HS-JX828/HS-JX929/HS-PX70/HS-PX1000 These units are very similar to each...
Sanyo JJ-P101/JJ-P100/JJ-P4/MR-02 The JJ-P101 is a full logic version of the JJ-P4/MR-02 mechanism, but both types of mechanisms share the same...
Separate names with a comma.