SONY WM-55/WM-R55/WM-F77 Most of the repairs are related to the mechanism, on the electronics side only common problem being the headphone jack...
I realised your suspicion was towards the electronics, but it's best to eliminate any potential mechanical issue before assuming anything...
My suggestion is to start by cleaning the capstan rubber ring with IPA as it typically gets contaminated with oil from fingers or from the...
I definetely do recommend getting the unit serviced, as these walkman units (TCD-D3, TCD-D7, TCD-D8, TCD-D100) have problems with mechanism...
About cleaning the leakeage, first of all you need to remove the old ones without damaging the traces. There are a few methods of doing that,...
Ok then it means you probably have an issue with one of the buttons if it works fine with that board unplugged. Only thing I can recommend is...
I recommend doing a simple test: remove the flex cable going to the buttons PCB (see picture attached) and see if the problem persists. Also you...
Glad you got everything done ! In regard to the order of the adjustments, the PB levels need to be done first because these influence the other...
Happy new year ! Going back briefly through the thread, think you should check the following things: - EQ on the door, especially the flex cable....
No, should operate on NiMH batteries just fine. Having very low volume is the typical symptom of failed capacitors. You need to replace the...
Think the longest belt award should go to the Infinity Intimate/AKAI PM-01/Panasonic RX-2700, that mechanism has a 90mm diameter belt. Through...
Something indeed to be checked are the grounding points: both between the PCB and the mechanism chassis, but also between the PCB and the back...
That motor looks bad, I would simply replace it with another one. While it might be repairable with a lot of work and patience, I don't think...
E - Rin and E - Lin are the total resistance of the carbon traces of the 2 potentiometers. These should be about the same and considering we have...
Interesting to see a walkman from Fiio, didn't expect this. From pictures the design looks promising and would assume it will be somewhat similar...
About the calibration tape, the one I recommended initially in the old thread is unfortunately no longer made. The one in your link is a good...
The capacitors can be found at the big electronics distributors: DigiKey, Mouser, Farnell, etc. You won't find such small capacitors at the local...
Yes, the simple way is to simply adjust it by ear. Rotate the trimpot until you can no longer hear the imbalance. Rotating counterclockwise...
Yes he is indeed selling split washers but those have a smaller inner diameter as they go into the recess of the capstan not over the capstan....
I have not seen this type of potentiometer to go bad. And usually just spraying contact cleaner into it fixes any issues, you definetely don't...
Separate names with a comma.