I attached the NJM2106 datasheet. Please check pages 7-8 of the datasheet for specific details. Both cutoff frequencies and the gains can be...
MegaBass was designed to compensate for deficiencies in the frequency response of headphones used at that time. Especially on the ones that don't...
Indeed both WM-F5 and WM-DD use the CX891 not the CX20084.
C. Is the difference between the 2 heads audible ? To my ears while listening on Beyerdynamic DT900 Pro X headphones I would say no. Why ?...
B. Head swap Now, going to the head itself. Before swapping the head, I measured its DC resistance and inductance and the values are summarized...
This thread covers a mod of the WM-DD33 I did for @Emiel, as he wanted an improved DD33 in terms of sound quality. We exchanged ideas and settled...
3rd party adaptors can be found here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224860934489 but won't look or feel as good as the original. Indeed that...
Start by looking here: 22k Trimmer Potentiometers | Farnell UK
Vintage Walkman Lab is a re-seller, they don't perform any repairs (apart from a simple belt change maybe) on the walkmans they sell. But the...
This mechanism needs a new clutch gear, which can be found here: https://fixyouraudio.com/product/sony-wm-a602-clutch-gear/ The problem is...
The days of capacitor plague are long gone, nowadays anything that is a big brand (Nichicon, Panasonic, Nippon Chemicon you name it) will provide...
There is no problem with laying caps on the side if there is enough space to do so without the capacitor touching moving mechanical parts. But...
A clutch in a cassette player has the purpose of accomodating the varying speed of the takeup reel. At the beginning of the tape (when the spool...
These 2 gears marked in red are slipping ? Seems there's a clutch embedded in there. I would disassemble it and clean the felt pad first. Note...
There are a couple of aspects that one needs to be aware of before sending devices for repair to Dave from 12voltvids: - if you are located...
SONYs are a lot about the brand, many seem to perceive SONY as a luxury brand, when in reality it's a consumer brand as far as walkmans go. Apart...
Want to update this thread as I have more info on this problem affecting DD walkmans. 1. First of all, this issue exists on all DDs (except cheap...
Koss MusicBox A walkman with unique mechanism design which features feather-touch play button but no logic control. The unit looks to be...
No, the topic wasn't updated elsewhere. Thanks for the link ! I will do some updates as well: 1. Marian has stated that because the capstan ring...
I wanted to make that remark as well, as the "Today" wording can be misleading in my opinion. Think what the site is actually reffering to is the...
Separate names with a comma.