This one looks really cool ! I remember seeing one or two like these on ebay, but at the time did not know it was made in Japan. I recently...
The cassettes look great as a 70s reference, but I wonder in how good of a condition is the tape. Especially given most that can be found are...
I want to add another reference: the JVC CX-F7K that I repaired recently. I measured the wow&flutter after running a couple of tapes in it and the...
WM-D3 The line amp has a gain of ~8.79 times at 315Hz, so given the reference Dolby level at line out of 340mV, you should get ~38.7mV RMS at...
Above the right flywheel, it's a hole cut into the PCB designed specifically to align the switch with the mech.
It is an annoying problem, because a new redesigned gear is unfortunately not available. Given what you say, the old one was probably at the point...
It's the spring of the engaging lever. It seems it's catching in that post where the play button is supposed to go. I think one of the pins on...
This is one of my favourite walkmans out there. There is something that I like about full logic units with a separate motor for the logic control,...
Regarding the soldering, I recommend something like Hakko FX888D or Weller WE1010 (the Weller is much more common is Europe). That's about the...
The problem you are having is a broken clutch gear. Very common on these units, you will need a donor to fix the problem. More info on this...
Get some proper cleaner first and clean the entire PCB, the trimpots and the volume potentiometer. Do that first and then come back with the...
I wouldn't use that. It may be suitable for electrical stuff, but not electronics. From what is written on the can, it's a petroleum-based product...
Now I understand what is happening. The howling is either an amplifier oscillating due to a parasitic capacitance created by that residue or is...
I see nothing obvious at first glance, apart from that corrosion in the motor governor area. The capacitors do not seem to be leaky. I would...
I reported, we'll see if an admin can help. At this point I say we should keep this topic, as there are not many responses. The only 2 votes are...
Hi, Given what you're saying about the headphones getting warm and the battery terminal getting hot when plugging the jack all the way, there...
Good work, @JoFugd ! Regarding the Dolby level tape, I recommend that one because I got consistent results using it and all decks, recorders and...
I can't seem to be able to edit the response choices, only to add additional ones. Thanks for the manual for WFGUI, I was looking for it, but...
I understand, I thought you may have other belt driven units. The ones you mention all have very low wow&flutter, would guess something like 0.05%...
@CDV That's a very important point regarding the standards. For example WFGUI (that we probably all use) can measure WRMS according to DIN...
Separate names with a comma.