1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the difference between all the AIWA Compo Boxes?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Mister X, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,201
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    1982 Klangbild had an article about slim components, I guess AIWA never did a real slim model so they included this mini review.


    upload_2026-5-6_12-29-23.png upload_2026-5-6_12-29-37.png
     
  2. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,201
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    From 1980, the 50 Series!


    upload_2026-8-20_18-40-46.png
     
    lupogtiboy likes this.
  3. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,201
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    The heaviest boombox ever made? I think this clocks in around 48 lbs without the battery pack, 50+lbs with the pack
    This is 1981, big, big money back then but the Sony XF-5000 still beat it by several thousand yen.
    I don't know about these components but the 22 Series does great even with full size speakers. It looks like they only talk about 4 ohm speakers putting out a respectable 13 watts a channel on the battery but remember, this battery is like a motorcycle battery, it fits inside the bottom case.

    Maybe this is one of the reasons the M90 was reasonably priced, this was advertised (see ad thread) and is just a hair more than the M90, which would you get?

    upload_2026-9-10_22-6-6.png
     
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2026
    retro and lupogtiboy like this.
  4. T-ster

    T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

    Messages:
    1,490
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    England
    I have one of these above, I have been meaning to refurb it for so long, I will never get round to it so will shift it.

    I will weigh it if i remember!
     
    Mister X likes this.
  5. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,201
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    I weighed one of mine, I think the CB-20 weighs more with the 22 series, they are slightly more complex on the inside.
     

Share This Page